Newforma® Project Center clients
CPU: Intel Pentium P4 or later processor
RAM: 1 GB (minimum), 2+GB (recommended)
Hard Disk: 1 GB required for installation
OS: Windows 7 SP1, and Windows 8, 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit versions of each OS are supported)
Computers running the Newforma Project Center client may optionally use:
● The Project Center Add-in for Microsoft Outlook. This feature is supported in Outlook 2007 SP2, Outlook 2010 SP1 (32 or 64-bit), and Outlook 2013 MSI versions only (32 or 64-bit). The Add-in supports Microsoft Outlook connected to Microsoft Exchange versions 2003 or later. Email servers other than Microsoft Exchange will only support the Add-in if the Outlook client is connected using IMAP or POP. MAPI emulation in non-Microsoft Exchange email servers is not supported.
Non-Exchange environments do not require Outlook to be installed to be able to install Project Center clients.
The NewformaProjectCenterOffice64Setup.exe file only supports 64-bit versions of Office 2010 and 2013.
● Any email client connected to an IMAP-enabled email server. Project Center can connect directly to many email servers via IMAP to support project email filing operations.
● Microsoft Office 2007 or later to make use of reporting and project template functions.
● Autodesk Revit versions 2012 through 2015 are supported for integrating with Revit.
Newforma Project Center Server
CPU: Single quad core Xeon processor or equivalent. The addition of a second quad core processor will allow substantially improved indexing performance.
RAM: 4 GB minimum, 8-16+ GB (for larger deployments).
Hard Disk: 10,000 RPM SAS drives in a fault-tolerant RAID configuration, with a working capacity of 25 GB (minimum), 150 GB recommended. While exact space requirements will vary between implementations, a typical average project size is 25 MB. For example, a typical customer with 1000 projects would need 25 GB of available disk space.
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 (English, 64-bit only).
Virtual Servers are supported. However, for best performance, physical hardware is recommended.
The Newforma Project Center Server also requires:
● The hardware running the Project Center Server must be a dedicated server with no other applications, databases, file shares, etc. running in parallel.
● High throughput connectivity (1 gigabit or equal, recommended) between the Project Center Server and the file server containing primary sources of project information; these servers should be collocated. However, small offices with good internet connectivity to a Newforma Project center Server at a main corporate office (T1 or better with <100ms latency) can often be configured without a local Project Center Server.
● UPS protection sufficient to provide for safe shutdown of the server in the event of a power failure.
● Microsoft Outlook and Exchange customers will require a licensed copy of Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Office installed and an email account configured to support indexing.
● A 32-bit version only of Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, or 2013 is required to support indexing of Microsoft Office 2007 and newer file formats. Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 is required for customers using a hosted Microsoft Exchange provider.
● Microsoft Excel (2007 or later) is desirable for editing project templates.
● SMTP installed/configured to allow email relay to the corporate email server.
● The NETBIOS (computer) name for the Project Center Server must be 15 characters or less in length.
Project Data Capacity:
A single Project Center Server can support up 10,000 projects containing up to 10 terabytes of project data. To reach this capacity, additional server memory and hard drive space will typically be required. These figures are an average upper limit only. The actual amount of project data that can be supported at your company may vary from this estimate. The limit will be based on available server disk space and server performance characteristics. The best scalability and performance will require dedicated physical server hardware.
Newforma Project Center Work Service
CPU: Intel Pentium P4 or later processor.
RAM: 1GB (minimum), 2+GB (recommended).
Hard Disk: 900 MB required for installation.
OS: Windows English Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit versions of each OS are supported), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, or Windows Server 2012.
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional (32 or 64bit) or later to enable full text filtering of Microsoft Office Documents and Email.
Newforma Work Services are the replacement for Newforma Filter Servers in previous versions of Newforma Project Center.
Newforma Info Exchange Server
Suggested hardware requirements are similar to the Project Center Server above with the following exceptions:
Hard Disk: 150 GB available (recommended). Disk space requirements will be driven in part by the amount of file transfer data posted on the server.
OS: Windows Web Server 2008 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 (English, 64-bit only).
The standard editions of Windows Server may require an External Connector license to be compliant with Microsoft licensing terms. Note however, that Windows 2012 servers running a dedicated web workload are granted a “CAL waiver.” Customers are individually responsible for ensuring compliance with any Microsoft licensing terms and any updates.
The server load is dependent upon the size and number of projects that are available on Info Exchange, as well as the simultaneous number of connections to the Info Exchange website. The addition of project email to Info Exchange (an optional project setting) may significantly increase the size of a project. Customers with modest requirements will be able to run Info Exchange on a server shared with other applications. Virtual servers are supported. However, for best performance, dedicated physical hardware is recommended.
The Newforma Info Exchange Server also requires:
● A static IP address accessible by external users on ports 80 and 443. Port 443 must be open to enable both inbound and outbound connections.
● An SSL certificate secured from Verisign, GoDaddy.com, or other trusted certification authority.
Newforma Punch List Mobile
Newforma Punch List is supported on iPad tablets for Project Center. Tablets configured with a 3G/4G wireless data connection will allow synchronization of punchlist data at locations that don’t have WiFi available.
Apple iPad tablets require iOS 5 or later. Please note that the original iPad 1 doesn’t have a camera, so the Punch List app requires iPad 2 or later. Additional memory will allow storage of larger amounts of project files, photos, and videos.
A legacy version of the Newforma Punch List app is available on Android tablets. Punch list support for the Android tablet will be discontinued after 10th Edition. The Android Punch List app requires 10″ tablets with 16 GB memory, running Android OS version 2.2 or later. Additional memory will allow storage of larger amounts of project files, photos, and videos. Install the Firefox browser before you install Newforma Punch List. The Newforma Punch List App Starting Guide contains a list of other Android applications that complement Newforma Punch List.